Sunday, April 19, 2009

Work, Work, Work

Well, if the title of the post says anything I guess you can tell I have been working. For the past two weeks, I have been getting ready for a garage sale. I am a gigantic packrat and very sentimental. I tend to save everything. Well, I have been cleaning out Kaiden's room, so for the first time ever I actually had my own garage sale. It was a lot easier than I thought. I still kept a lot of my sentimental things, but I actually cleaned out closets, rooms, shelves, etc. it feels really good knowing that is done. My stress level really dropped after we finished cleaning everything out.
I also decided that every dime we made went to our "Buy Kaiden an awesome dresser" fund. We looked at the ones that actually went with the crib we bought, but were not satisfied with the quality. We want to purchase one that will last a long time. So that means the dresser will definitely not be cheap by any means. Well, I would have been satisfied with $100, but I am guessing that luck was really on our side. I ended up selling $340.00 worth of our stuff. It was a really nice feeling.
Now, even though I said all the money was for the "Buy Kaiden an awesome dresser" fund, when I realized how much money we made, I decided to pick something up for my husband that he has been wanting. If you read from my previous post, Aaron loves heavy metal music. Well last week, Guitar Hero Metallica came out. I just couldn't help it. I felt like he really needed it. It will help him keep busy during the LONG wait for Kaiden. (It will almost be a month on Friday, I still can't believe it!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment