Tuesday, September 1, 2009

WOW!!! Has it already been 2 months??

Yep that's right, it has been two months since we brought the love of our life home. All I can say is it has been a wonderful two months. I know I haven't blogged in a while, so I will catch everyone up on what has been going on the past few weeks.
Well, I am a teacher first of all so naturally it is time for school to start back. But since Kaiden has only been here two months, we felt he needed a few more weeks at home to bond with us and transition slowly to daycare.But as any teacher will tell you the first week of the year is critical for your year to go smoothly so I didn't want to miss it. Well, as a family we worked it out. I have been home with Kaiden for 7 weeks by myself and it has been wonderful. He has really attached to me and is just growing more comfortable in his house and with us everyday. His daddy hadn't really gotten the chance to bond with him so he took vacation for one week and my sweet mother-in-law and her wonderful twin sister helped us out for a few days as well.Now, this is the first time I have been away from him for any length of time so I was really expecting tears and my heart to break because I was making him so sad. Naturally, Kaiden surprised me. Since he was still at our house and with his daddy, or his mother-in-law who he knows, he was happy and just did his normal routine throughout the day. Now, when I got home he made me feel better because he reached out and smiled and wanted his Mama but I am still in shock at how wonderful he is doing. Also, he has really bonded with both his daddy and his Grandma Sandy which is a fabuous thing.

So what is Kaiden doing since my last blog???

Well.....

Kaiden is such a happy baby. He will laugh out loud for no reason at all other than to hear himself. The only time he gets upset is when he is in the car to long. So for those fun car rides, we got him a portable DVD player. Kaiden loves his Baby Einstein videos, so now we can take it with him so he will be happy. It has already been such a life saver. He actually enjoys the car now!!

The newest thing he has learned is his own voice. He has recently started screaming. Not a sweet deep scream, but an ear piercing shrill scream. Now, he is not upset just talking, but when we go out in public I am really starting to feel that other people don't appreciate it. But he is just a baby and will grow out of it soon enough, so I am not too worried about what others think right now. He is just communicating. Right????

He is also starting to stand on his own and is walking across the floor with his Step & Ride. It is so cute watching him. He gets so excited and laughs.

Finally, Kaiden has really started dancing. He LOVES music. Yesterday he turned on the big radio and started bouncing up and down to the music. Then, he decided to grab the side of the radio and dance with it. We truly wish we had had the video camera out, but we couldn't quit laughing long enough to get it. Our little boy will definitely put A BIG SMILE ON YOUR FACE!!!

1 comment:

  1. So very happy to hear things are going so well!!!

    ReplyDelete