Wednesday, September 30, 2009

3 Months of Joy!!

I can hardly believe I am saying this because it feels like just yesterday that we were getting frustrated with waiting for him to come home, but Kaiden has been home for 3 MONTHS!!! It has been the best 3 months of our lives. He is such a blessing!! I am not going to say we haven't gotten frustrated learning how to be parents along the way, but the rewards of getting to be his mom and dad outweigh everything else. He has got to be the cutest, sweetest, most wonderful boy ever!!!

Anyway that's enough gushing. Let me give everyone an update on my sweet boy. Right now, he is starting to walk. He will walk 10 - 12 steps. He gets so excited for himself that when he falls down he waits for you to clap for his accomplishment. It is so sweet!!

We also took him out for his first big outing. We went to the fair. We were a little worried, because he does prefer to be held, but he stayed in his stroller and just looked in awe of everything around him. We just sat back and watched him. We thought he might get dizzy from watching the roller coaster, but he sure did love it. We took him to the petting zoo. Now, he loves to pet and love on our dogs so we were really expecting him to love the petting zoo. We were wrong. He was not impressed with feeding the goats. He would watch me feed the goat, but there was no way he was getting near them without getting upset. I think it is just because he had never seen one before. I think next year when he is older he will like it a lot more. We did get him to touch several animals, but he still wasn't overly impressed. I will post pics of that later when I get them downloaded.

We do have one special day coming up next week. Next Friday, my baby will be 1!!!!!
We are having a cookout for his party out near a playground. We are actually going to do his Tol celebration the next day in a more quiet setting with just the grandparents. Now, just to make sure he was ready for his birthday, I recently made sure that durig his cousin's party we stood right behind her while they were singing, "Happy Birthday" so he won't get scared next week. Anyway, he bounced up and down in my arms during the whole song because he loves music and then when we clapped and said "Yeah", he started clapping louder than everyone else and said, "Aah." It was absolutely adorable. We all wish we had been filming it that day. The other thing I was worried about was whether or not he would even eat cake and icing. So he actually tried some. At first he tried to spit it out like he does with everything new,but then when he actually got a taste of the icing he just opened his mouth wide waiting for the next piece. He got unhappy when I said we had had enough. So my two biggest fears about his party have been solved. I can check that off my list. So now I am off today to finish getting things ready for his party. But first I just want to say again, Happy 3 Months Home Kaiden!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Happy 3 months Kaiden!! I can't wait to see his Tol pictures!! I hope Henry and Kaiden can meet sometime soon! :)

    ReplyDelete