I still can't believe it, but Kaiden has been here for 2 weeks tomorrow. It really seems like forever when you are waiting and then WOW!! The 2 weeks that seemed to drag on forever before just flies by.
Right now, I think Kaiden is doing really well on his bonding. It took him a while, but he finally is starting to turn to his name when you call it. We worked for hours on peek-a-boo and saying his name over again. Every sentence we directed at him had his name in it. I think it is finally paying off. He is also starting to get really comfortable. He is still extremely clingy to me, but we expected that in his early days. We are actually extremely happy that he is so bonded to one of us. He waves bye-bye and laughs and plays a lot. He still can't sleep in a room alone, but I can now lay him down on the bad and sit beside him while he is sleeping. I think that is definitely a step in the right direction on that. Also we took him to church for the first time yesterday. He did really well. We held him the entire time, but with all the people coming up and talking to him, he was exhausted and passed out before we left the parking lot.
I will post pictures as soon as Aaron gets home to download them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

So happy to hear Kaiden is doing so well!! Can't wait to see pics!! Many continued blessings!
ReplyDelete